I. Rewrite as directed the following sentences without changing the meaning.
- I was annoyed by his behaviour. [Change the voice]
- I am invited. [Supply a question tag]
- The teacher said, “Have you done your homework?” [Change the narration]
- As soon as the tiger saw the rabbit, it attacked. [Begin. No sooner…].
- No other athlete in our school is as fast as Rachel. [Use: Fastest]
- If you do not hurry up, you will miss the train. [Begin: Unless…]
- I was so tired that I was not able to follow him. [Use: too]
- Can we ever forget those happy days? [Rewrite as an Assertive sentence]
- He did not come. He did not write a letter. [Use:’neither… nor…’]
- He passed the examinations. He got a gold medal.[Use:’not only…’]
II. Fill in the blanks with an appropriate article.
1. Raj Mahal is ____ top class hotel.
2. Could we change ___ the topic of discussion?
3. ___ honest man is always trusted.
4. __ African continent is full of conflicts.
5. He is ____ European writer.