English 1: Grammar and Composition Practice 1 Answers
Write an application in response to the advertisement given below: Format: Formal
- Response to advertisement dated…….. (name of the newspaper)
- Introduction: Name and essential details such as age, place, and so on.
- Applying for Part-Time Salesperson. Name of the Home Appliance Company.
- Name of the discipline, year, percentage/ marks obtained.
- Fluency in English.
- Copies of Certificates enclosed.
- Request to consider the application.
Re-write the following sentences according to the instructions given after each. Make other changes that may be necessary, but do not change the meaning of each.
- Never (before) has he done such a stupid mistake.
- I advised John to consult a doctor.
- The player’s decision to retire saddened the fans.
- Do you exercise daily as I do?
- Who substituted the broken umbrella for a good one?
- People say that Camilla has been a diplomat.
- Anoushka wishes that she had studied regularly.
- Despite being rich, Job is not unsympathetic towards the needy.
- Jolly wished that she might win the lottery.
- Had he not injured his foot, he would have won the race.
Fill in the blanks with the correct preposition.
- He has a passion for reading detective stories.
- I congratulated him on his success.
- He was so amusing that all laughed at him
- I ran into Graham in the restaurant.
- The book consists of 21 chapters.